Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wanted: Beaded Bell Ornament Pattern























In 1980 and 1981 I attended a one room school for 7th and 8th grade. I really loved it there. They were my best two years of school ever. A kind lady from our church came in and taught us how to make beaded bell ornaments for Christmas. I made two and have treasured them ever since. Unfortunately one was broken a couple years ago. I have missed it ever since and would like to make a replacement, but I can't find a pattern. Do any of you have one or know where to find one? I would so appreciate your help! The picture above shows my remaining bell which was on our Christmas tree again this year.

Update on the story: We have found some bells you can order that come with beads and instructions here.

8 bouquets of wildflowers (Comment here):

~ V ~ said...

That is pretty! I found this one:
http://pages.seemslikeoldtimes.com/3907/PictPage/1922673998.html
but I like yours better! It is more dainty. Perhaps if you disassembled the other one you could figure it out and share the pattern with us!

I wanted to let you know that I left a further explanation of the moccasin sizing over on my blog.

Blessings!

Elizabeth Joy said...

A friend went searching for me and found a set of four of these bells you could order and make, and the instructions, at http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=513214

Thank you so much good friend!

Elizabeth Joy

Tara Beaulieu said...

This is great! I was just telling a friend my mom made these when I was growing up and she mentioned to me she wished she could still remember how. I'm going to purchase the set and make them for her for Christmas! Thanks!

C said...

Did you ever find the pattern for the Christmas bell? I have looked and looked. I came across your blog during my search and hoped that you found the pattern. If you did can you email me at jcmclelan@msn.com Thank you!

Anonymous said...

My grandmother surrounded herself with beads and made these bells as well as made lanterns like this too. I am also looking to make some to continue on her tradition. We would sell these ornaments at craft shows and flea markets and are some of my fondest memories.
Thanks everyone for the great links and help! iamcfm@sbcglobal.net
Irene

Anonymous said...

I was looking for the same pattern and found about 4 on Joyce's Craft Supplies Website:

http://joycescraftsupplies.com/joycescraftsupplies/id48.html

The bells are toward the middle.

Unknown said...

I can teach you, my grandma taught me.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a tutorial for this. I made these 25 years ago but don’t remember how & I’d love to make them as favors for my daughter’s wedding. My email is monte1010@aol.com