Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Thoughtful Pause

I am in a valley of decision about my blog. I am glad I've learned about blogging. "Blog" is no longer a strange word to me. I have enjoyed writing about the daily things in my life. I have been inspired by other women's blogs. But now it is clear I am spending too much time on my computer, and I'm not happy about that. I'm also not sure, if I were to keep writing a blog, what the content of my blog should be. I feel it should be so much more then just the reporting of all that is new or cute or fun at our house. I love things of beauty, but so much of this world is going to pass away. If I should take the time to write, I am feeling impressed that it should be uplifting, enlightening, encouraging, inspiring, leading my reader to God. But I'm not sure how to do that. So I'm thinking about it and praying about it while I take a break from blogging. There have been several things I could have written about this week, but I didn't feel they are not worthy of the time it would take away from other things. I'll let you know when I know when I am more clear about how God would desire for me to spend my time.

Thank you to my faithful readers for their patience and prayers.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Joy

3 bouquets of wildflowers (Comment here):

La Tea Dah said...

Sometimes sharing the joy of being a 'keeper at home' is reason enough --- especially in this world of high careers and it's fast pace.

And, taking time to 'write' on a regular basis is such a good example to your children.

And your friends would miss you SO much if you stopped blogging!!!

I will pray about it with you!
:) LaTeaDah

VJ said...

B. (I wish to use your "real" name here), I think we've all been there at one time or another. I started my blog with essays, but very quickly found they were more of a chore than fun. That is when I made my second discovery. Just writing about every day things is a witness, is uplifting. For example the language you use. I have been able to witness through everyday reporting because someone noticed that I didn't swear or talk about lewd or questionable topics. In fact I have talked to one blogger on the phone and has since become that person's spiritual mentor, simply because of my day-to-day reporting.

I'm not perfect and I reflect that in my blog, but with every post I pray that somehow God can use it to encourage somebody; even if it is for them to say, "I'm glad I am not the only one."

We will stand by and wait patiently while you decide what to do with your blog.

Pamela said...

blogging is addictive