Sunday, June 3, 2007

Camping

Bride's Bonnet or Queen's Cup
Clintonia uniflora

We've went camping over Memorial Day weekend to a lovely little campground not to far away. Some friends came too, including my friend with twin boys, 6 months old! It was the boy's first time out camping. They did some complaining about the different environment, kept their parents awake when they should have been sleeping, but I think they still had a good time. And their parents were talking already about next time they go camping... I got lots of opportunities to help out, holding one boy or another while their mama did something for the other boy. My kids had so much fun with them. They have cute smiles and are very responsive to attentions.

Near the campground is several trails. We hiked on two of them and enjoyed the sunny weather and the blooming wildflowers.

My birthday also falls near the weekend, so everyone surprised me with a birthday treat and some cards. My family gave me some new hiking boots I've been wishing for for a couple years. And now that I have them, I'm not sure they really fit me. Sigh. It really was a lovely gift. My son wrote his own message in my birthday card. My daughter made a lovely scrapbook kind of card, after seeing one a friend made. It is fun to see her creative skills advance.

This last week we also ended our school year. My kids were thrilled. And I am enjoying the decrease in responsibility, though I still have many, many things to do.

Today I tried to get many of those things done, but I think we added more broken things to our list then we fixed.

2 bouquets of wildflowers (Comment here):

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

(if you take a motor home I'm a camper, too)

Debbie Ann said...

What a wonderful blessing to have a family who loves & appreciates their mamma! :)