Sunday, October 28, 2007

Come and Reflect a While

I don't know what is happening in your life today, good or bad. But I do know that there is no better time to stop hurrying around, sit down in a quiet place and spend some time alone with God. Time alone with God, T.A.G. Time, is so important, because the Christian life is not based on what you know or have achieved, but rather on who you know. Jesus wants a personal relationship with those He has come to save.

"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:3 NIV

There is no better way to know someone then to spend time with him. And the more time you spend with someone, the more they are reflected in your life.


If you have been forgetting your T.A.G. time. Here is a simple way to get started again.

1. Start with heartfelt prayer, talking honestly with God about your life.

2. Read one chapter or passage out of Matthew, Mark, Luke or John, or another part of the Bible. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you discover the answer to these two questions as you read. Write your answers in journal or notebook. Look for more then just the right answer. Sit and be quiet long enough to hear what God is telling you in His Word.
  • What does this passage teach me about Jesus?
  • What is the principle found in this passage that God is calling me to apply today to my life?
3. Pray again and allow the power of God's Word to start transforming you.

4 bouquets of wildflowers (Comment here):

VJ said...

Did you take those pictures? The one on the bottom is absolutely beautiful!!!

Elizabeth Joy said...

Yes, the pictures were taken by me when we were on our Fall Exploration Field Trip.

Pamela said...

You can't beat a reflection in the water picture. gorgeous.

Debbie Ann said...

I really like this acronym-- T.A.G. I will be using this in my future.
I appreciated this post, very much. Thank you!