Thursday, May 10, 2007

Serious Cleaning

Today I am doing serious cleaning at our house. Last night I steam cleaned the carpet. Yesterday I cleaned out some kitchen cupboards and filled a couple boxes for a garage sale. This Saturday, a famous cancer researcher/author/speaker, will come to our lowly house for lunch along with some other guests. I usually have the kids cleaning along with me, but it seems like messes start happening faster then I clean. And I also have to deal with reluctant cleaners, which slows down the process. So today, the cleaner helpers are on vacation. They get to be down in their rooms or outside. They will pick up meals, at the kitchen door, as if it was a fast food restaurant. Then they can eat on the deck or picnic on the lawn. They are quite excited about mom's funny idea. Speaking of which, I'd better get to work while they are still happy.

3 bouquets of wildflowers (Comment here):

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, I love how you banned your children to a holiday! So fun!!!

And you are SO BRAVE to invite the researcher to lunch! I'm proud of you! Gluten-free as well as vegan? I know it will be delicious, whatever you serve.

I'll be thinking of you!

La Tea Dah said...

Do we get photos of your luncheon? ;)

VJ said...

Oh the joys that go with the job your husband does! But, I know you, EJ, and I know your guest will feel very welcome and at home in your house. Good luck and have an awesome Sabbath!

(BTW, who's coming?)